How to get started in “Predator Free Waitakere Township” group
Welcome to our first blog post, we are keen to make Waitakere Predator Free. Thanks so much for your interest.
You are keen to get involved and help the Native Birds of Waitakere, here is how you can be part of our little group.
What Predators are you going to Target
- Decide what pests you are going to target. Each one requires different traps and baits.
- Buy some traps for your target pest
Putting Your Traps Out
- Bait your Traps
- Put them where you know the Predators visit, looks for evidence of droppings or scratches on trees
Join the Newsletter
Please join our FREE monthly newsletter, where you will get tips and tricks about Trapping and news from the group.
Join the newsletter on this page HERE
Checking Your Traps
- Next Day – Check Your Traps
- Record your results and reset and re-bait the traps.
- Go back to Step 1
Register with Trap.nz
- If you want to share your find numbers with the group, please register with trap.nz and join our group HERE or search for “Predator Free Waitakere”
- If you are not a member select “Request to Join Project” at the bottom of the map.
Setting up Traps with Trap.nz
- Set up your traps on trap.nz
- Logon to trap.nz select our project “Predator Free Waitakere”
- Select Traps
- Click on “Add a New trap”
- You can do this online or use the phone app, the phone app allows you to record catches out in the field.
Trap.NZ have a great article about setting up Traps HERE
Trap.nz Phone Application
If you have a mobile phone or a tablet the trap.nz FREE application is great for recording your catches and setting up you new traps.